Sacred Time: Tempo (09.28.14 Sermon Audio)
September 29th, 2014 | John Chandler
John Chandler describes the need to set a tempo to engage in Sacred Time.
Here are the quotes and links mentioned:
- No Time: How Did We Get So Busy?
- “I am busy because I am vain. I want to appear important. Significant. What better way than to be busy? The incredible hours, the crowded schedule, and the heavy demands of my time are proof to myself––and to all who will notice— that I am important.” — Eugene Peterson
- “Our soul is like a stream of water, which gives strength, direction, and harmony to every other area of our life. When that stream is as it should be, we are constantly refreshed and exuberant in all we do, because our soul itself is then profusely rooted in the vastness of God and his kingdom, including nature; and all else within us is enlivened and directed by that stream. Therefore we are in harmony with God, reality, and the rest of human nature and nature at large.” -— Dallas Willard
- “Self-care is never a selfish act — it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer others.” — Parker Palmer
- Getting Things Done by David Allen
Subscribe to the podcast via iTunes