Simply Jesus Suppers Begin June 15!
June 9th, 2016 | John Chandler
Have you ever tried to read the stories or teachings of Jesus, only to realize that you’re not sure what he’s talking about?
Have you ever learned something about Jesus, and realized that you had misunderstood him all along?
What if you could peel back 2,000 years of culture and discover the who Jesus really was?
Simply Jesus Suppers are a chance to dive deep into the life of Jesus and the world he lived in. We’ll gather a few times a month for a dinner table discussion based on Simply Jesus a book and video course by N.T. Wright.
By participating in Simply Jesus Suppers, you will:
- Experience a safe place to ask questions about Jesus and the Bible
- Understand more about the Bible by learn from a world-renown scholar
- Make friends with others who are trying to learn to practice the way of Jesus How to Participate
What to Expect
Simply Jesus Suppers are a self-paced learning experience. You can choose how much you want to participate, based on your own time and interest. One of these will describe your level of participation:
- Deep Diver: You watch the videos, complete the discussion questions, read the book, and attend the Suppers (approximately 2-4 hours a week)
- Interested Participant: You watch the videos and attend the Suppers (1 hour a week)
- Supper-only Participant: When possible, you may watch the videos and attend the Suppers. (No additional time)
All participant should watch the Simply Jesus Course. You may also want to purchase the book or audiobook.
- Video Course—This link includes a code for half price so the course is only $20. You will need to create an account with Udemy to view it.
Supper Plans and Syllabus
Simply Jesus Suppers will take place on Wednesdays at 6:30pm at various locations. The meal will be coordinated by that week’s host.
- June 15 (Location TBD) Course section 1-2, Book Chapters 1-5
- June 29 (Rob and Morgan Garza) Course section 3-4, Chapters 6-7
- July 13 (Tristan & Melissa Summers) Course section 5-6, Chapters 8-9
- July 27 (Location TBD) Course section 7-8, Chapters 10-11
- August 10 (Jonathan and Alison Baker), Course section 9-13, Chapters 12-15
- Start the course
- Get your book
- Email Chris to RSVP for dinner on June 15