This Sunday: Scrimmage is a Practice that Feels Like a Game
September 15th, 2016 | John Chandler
We all want to be connected.
We want to feel known and loved by others. We want to know Jesus and follow him.
We are in the process of becoming a connected community that follows Jesus together!
But it will take time.
Midweek Groups exist to put two vital touch points on our weekly calendar:
- Meals and conversations that develop meaningful friendships
- Scripture meditations and study that teach us to listen to God
This Sunday, September 18, we’ll have a special “Scrimmage Liturgy” to launch our Fall Midweek Groups!
The word “scrimmage” means to practice the way you want to play. The Midweek Group Scrimmage is dedicated to practicing what a great session at your Midweek Group can be like.
At the Scrimmage you will:
- Find a new midweek group or reconnect with an old one
- Practice listening to each other
- Learn about the special focus for Fall Midweek Groups
Afterward, we’ll head to lunch at Pinthouse Pizza to eat with our new groups.
All groups will begin the same week. Won’t be here Sunday? Contact Chris Morton to find your group!