March 8th, 2017
Spring Midweek Groups kick off this Sunday at the Midweek Group Scrimmage. Here are three things you can expect this quarter.
Five New(ish) Groups
For the last few quarters we’ve had four group meeting throughout Austin and Round Rock. Some of these will be returning, and some will be changing.
The three groups that will be returning are:
- Round Rock/North Austin (at the Blackwells)
- Northwest Austin (at the Allens)
- Northeast Austin (at the Summers)
We’re also starting two central groups. This will incorporate our existing central group as well as help us expand and create space for new participants.
Four Ways to Participate
Jesus once taught that we should not swear, but let our “yes be yes” and our “no be no.” While the circumstances have changed, this principle is as important than ever. Our culture of instant access makes it easy not to commit.
On the other hand, depending on our season of life, commitment is difficult. Babies, new job, commutes and more may mean we have to “bow out” of participating right now.
- Host—Open your home during some or all of the 10 week quarter for Midweek Groups to gather.
- Facilitator—Communicate with Midweek Groups to ensure participants know when and where they will gather and that someone leads discussion times.
- Participant—To the best of your ability, regularly attend, listen to others, help with meals and kids.
- Take a Break—During this season of life, you won’t be committing to a Spring midweek group. Choosing this option is a simple way of saying “not this time, thank you!”
An Essential Scrimmage
We’re committed to being a church that “Practices the Way of Jesus.” Sometimes that requires a literal practice session.
Back by popular demand, April Karli will present on practical ways to include kids in your Midweek Group.
Drawing on pastoral and counseling experience, Kevin Jordan provide us with practical guidance on how to better listen to each other.
Sign Up for Your Spring Midweek Group Below: