Everything You Need to Know About Our Camping Trip
April 12th, 2018 | Daniel Read
At Austin Mustard Seed, we prioritize building relationships with each other and God. Relationships take time, which is why we love camping together.
You can look forward to sitting around the campfire, long hikes and lots of laughs.
What to Expect
The camping trip is meant to be an “extended Sabbath.” Come early, stay late and relax.
This is an informal camping trip. Everything is “BYO”. Bring your own food, water, tent, etc. But remember, it’s nice to share!Camping may not be your thing. That’s okay! Please consider coming out on Saturday to spend the day with our community.
The only scheduled time will be Saturday at 6pm when we’ll have dinner and Liturgy together. Dinner is provided.
This is an all ages and all species trip! Human and fur babies are welcome.
Palmetto State Park features fishing holes, paddle boats, places to swim and more, so have fun! Life is busy and we don’t always have time to dig into important things. This is a great time to hear someone’s life story, catch up on a book, or focus on praying with others.
- When: April 20-22 (Come and go)
- Location: Palmetto State Park, 78 Park Rd 11 S, Gonzales, TX 78629
- Cost: Campsites and Saturday Dinner have been graciously donated. You can always “Pay it Forward” by donating at AustinMustardSeed.org/giving.
- Dinner and Liturgy begin at 6pm on Saturday. There will be no Sunday Liturgy at The Orange Chapel.
- If the cost of food and gear is still prohibitive, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for some help.
What to Pack
- Sleeping Bag
- Food and water for yourself
- Pop-up Tent
- Bug spray
- Fishing gear
- Pocket Knife
- Flash Light
- Bible, journal, and books
- Frisbee, football, soccer ball, lawn games and other games
Sharing is Caring
While individuals and families are responsible for taking care of yourself, that doesn’t mean you need to do it by yourself!
Partner with friends in your Community Group to share rides, gear and food.
How to Get to the Site
- Palmetto State Park is only an hour away from Central Austin. Carpooling is encouraged because it’s more fun that way.
- When you arrive, let the front desk know that you are with Austin Mustard Seed, and they’ll tell you where we’re located.
- You will see “Austin Mustard Seed” signs approaching the camping area.
- Still having trouble finding us? Contact Chris Morton at 512-461-9207
Still have questions? Contact camping guru Kevin Baker.